Bling for the Jag

- Accessories for Jaguar XJ6 Series I, Series II, and Series III

There are a few things that I wanted for the red Jag:

  • 7" outer headlights as on the original Series I and non-US spec cars (DOT forbade the use of 7" headlights back then so Jaguar used a bigger chrome trim ring and employed a 5-3/4" bulb - now there allowed) - I bought this from a guy who was "breaking" (parting out) his car in England - cost me about $100 delivered including the buckets and all trim - compare US-spec Series III to the original Series I
  • Thicker steering wheel - the standard steering wheel for this vintage was daintily thin. I bought a JDM (Japan Domestic Market) MOMO steering wheel with black leather and hardwood from eBay for about $150 delivered plus the adapter for another $75 - I actually bought two adapters where the second one does not require the rubber boot - I will resell the first one
  • Wood shift knob for about $30 on eBay
  • Pepperpot rims - for an unbelievable bargain of $150 delivered - they will need refinishing but are currently sprayed silver and will do until then - these were available on the non-US-spec top models - compare this to the Kent wheels that I have installed
  • Pending - a push button starter to go where the cigarette lighter currently is - one frivoulous item

All of these are bought (except for the push-button starter) but not installed. I am not allowing myself to even think of installing them until the car is in strong running order.