Current status for my black 1986 Jaguar XJ6

- Status for 1986 Jaguar XJ6 Series III

Here's were things stand now with the 1986 Black XJ6

I drive it every once in a while. Among other smaller items, it's had the following done to it:
- New front and rear catalytic converters and associated piping
- New O2 sensor, air filter, plugs, wires
- New rear brakes including calipers and rotors (plus flushed whole system brake fluid)
- New headliner
- New water temperature sensor
- Oil change and coolant flush (really important for the cylinder head)

I had to pull a headliner backing board from a car in Maryland that was being parted out. While there, I also took the rear antenna motor and the rear headlights as spares. The board did crack while taking it out but that was an easy repair with some fiberglass resin.

Issues with this car are that the is a rust hole in the floor pan, the wood dash is flaking, front suspension bushing have play. I also need to replace the antenna motor. Also, the cassette (what's that) player no longer functions.

I do remember after spending a month working on the brakes and taking it out for a, ahem high speed, test run when some snot-nosed teenagers crossed 3-lanes to make a left exit of the highway. I was forced to slam my brakes. While in braking, I felt the back slightly start to slide to the right so I eased off and modulated the brakes to maximize braking force and maintain full-composure - this car is pre-ABS. The other car crossed within inches of my bumper. They continued driving, and I just put my head in my hands then continued driving. I was rewarded with thumbs up from other drivers who caught up and witnessed the whole event. The car felt really good and exhibited the legendary Jaguar handling. This was back in 2007.

I credit my ability to respond to my track time at FATT at Summit Point Raceway in my daily driver, 1998 Audi A4. Of course, after a full day including a spin-out, I found that one of my old tires was peeling on the sidewall. The pictures are from my most recent visit.